The lovely Erika over at proverbsnineteen21 very kindly nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. Thank you so much, Erika. I’ve been following Erika’s blog for about a year now. I don’t even remember how I came across it to begin with, but as our babies are only a few months apart, it’s so nice reading another mama’s perspective on parenting, and she has become a real source of encouragement to me as well. Erika used a shortened version of the rules which is what I will use as well limiting each section to 5.
The original rules are:
- Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- No tag backs.
5 Random Facts:
-I dream of owning an Aga one day
-I swirl ketchup and mayonnaise together to go with french fries….something that seems to gross out a vast majority of the population!
-I want to own some llamas
-I love the smell of freshly baked bread, it invokes a feeling of comfort and security
-I don’t like being home alone in the evenings
Answers to Erika’s Questions:
–Are you a Lord of The Rings fan? No, I’m not, although I did sit through watching The Hobbit and it was alright, so I may be persuaded to watch LOTR at some point in my life!
– How do you feel about organic food? Worth it? Pointless? Sometime yes, sometimes not? I used to think organic food was pointless, but since having to battle Candida Albecans and then switching to almost exclusively eating organic products, I have to say it is totally worth it, and Miss E who generally refuses to eat meat will actually eat organic meat….the child’s got good taste 😉
– Favorite summer activity? Going for walks in the countryside with my husband, daughter and our two dogs
– How and how much do you tend to participate in potentially politically or religiously loaded conversations via the internet or anywhere else? I tend not to participate very often as I hate when heated debates get entirely out of control and it turns into personal attacks on one another. However, if something truly bothers me of affects me then I will say something.
– What type of books do you tend to go for at the library or bookstore? Generally books related to early childhood development along Montessori/Waldorf principles. So things like Kids In The Kitchen: Simple Recipes That Build Independence And Confidence The Montessori Way, Playful Learning, Or books relating to my life and marriage such as Red Hot Monogamy: Making Your Marriage Sizzle, or The Fruitful Wife
My Questions For My Nominees:
– What smell evokes warm and happy feelings/memories for you?
-Who has been the most influential person in your life to date?
-What is your favourite craft or hobby?
-Do you consider yourself to lead a green/eco-friendly life? If yes, in what ways? If no, what are your thoughts on gree living?
-What sort of music do you most enjoy listening to?
I honestly don’t know how many followers any of these people have. I simply picked blogs I have enjoyed.