A Week To Forget


This has been a bad week, a very bad week for many reasons!  The week starts on Saturday past.  When I left teaching, I started up my own pet sitting business which was going well and it also funded my reflexology studies.  Since having my daughter, I have cut way back and don’t take on any new clients, but I still do the odd week here and there for clients I already had previously.  So, Saturday saw the start of me looking after 4 cats and a rabbit.

When I went to get the keys etc I was told that one cat I had looked after before had died and had been replaced by a new cat.  The cat was brought in so I could see it.  As it turns out, it was to be one of the only glimpses I got of her!  On Saturday morning, I got to the house and couldn’t get in.  I turned the key, pushed down on the handle…nothing.  I wiggled and jiggled the door this way and that…still nothing.  It was as if there were locks on the inside stopping it from opening, which I knew wasn’t the case.  Mr P assumed there was some knack I clearly didn’t know and he’d be able to get in.  So an hour later with Miss E in tow we went back again.  He couldn’t get in either.  The panic that welled up inside as 4 hungry looking cats peered back at me wanting fed and wanting to get out.  A neighbour was in his garden and asked if we wanted help, after a few minutes, somehow he got the door open, not even he knew how.  At least we were in!  Thankfully, there is a gated to access the back, so I have since been using the patio door key to let myself in and going out the front door…yep, it works fine on the other side!

So, we’re in.  All cats are meowing but the new one is going totally mental.  At first, I thought she was playing, but then I realised she was absolutely terrified.  Every room we both found ourselves in she was clambouring at everything to get away from me even climbing up the kitchen blinds.  As soon as I opened the back door to let them out, that cat was off like a rocket.  Silly me, thought she would be back that evening, but oh no.  Repeated checks turned up nothing til after 11pm when she dashed off yet again.  She was not seen again until Monday morning when I opened the back door to go feed the rabbit and she almost came in until she saw it was me and she took off yet again.  She has not been seen since despite repeated callings, drives round the neighbourhood, later night trips back to see if she’s returned.  No sign of her.  So this is a major stress and oh how I wish I got paid for overtime!

The major underlying stress is a trip we are taking to allow Miss E to meet all her relatives on my side of the family.  She has yet to meet any besides my parents and brother who all live here in England.  So tomorrow we shall be catching the ferry.  Im not looking forward to the travel time, the sleeping on a ferry, the dealing with a toddler who does not want to go visiting lots of strangers all day and ends up having repeated meltdowns out of boredom and frustration.  Oh the joys I am imagining!  Add to this that Miss E’s body has decided now would be a good time for her to ramp up the teething process again, so cue bad sleeping, clingy fussy baby and it’s a good recipe for disaster.

We planned our trip to coincide with a wedding which we were invited to.  Since losing loads of weight being on the anti candida diet, all my lovely dresses no longer fit me.  I had eyed up some dresses to match a pair of shoes I have already, but then discovered that a friend of ours was setting up her own sewing business making bunting, cushions etc and also doing alterations.  Great!  No need to buy a new dress.  I had the perfect dress already in the closet; it just needed a little nip and tuck here and there.  I took a few skirts and the dress round and was told they would be ready at the end of the following week.  Two weeks later, still nothing and no word.  More time passes and I am getting anxious!!  I fiiiiiiiiiinally get them back.  The skirts fit fine, so I didn’t try the dress on until last night (remember we travel Friday).  MAJOR< MAJOR mistake!!  I could barely get into the dress, and there was NO way that dress was zipping up.  It was snug when she pinned it and I asked her to loosen it then!  And as well as that it wasn’t straight anymore.  Needless to say the dress is no longer fit for purpose even if I could squeeze into it!   Cue mild cardiac arrest at 10pm last night.  Time to do some internet searching to try and find a dress that matches the shoes and stuff I already have.  I found quite a few, but the majority were out of stock in my size or had a two week wait!  I ended up ordering three as I have no idea which size I need and which one works best(two will obviously be returned pronto!).  Two have just arrived while I have been writing this (thank you, Lord, for same day delivery), and I just need to hope that one of them fits and works, and the other turns up early tomorrow and fits so I can choose.  If they’re too big, or too small, I am heading on that ferry tomorrow night with no dress for a wedding the following week!!!  Never in my life have I been so unprepared for such an occasion!

And that, my friends, has pretty much been how my week has played out, one thing after another.  I am surprised I’ve still got it somewhat together!  Anyone else had such manic, crazy, stressful weeks they’d like to share?


One response »

  1. Pingback: We survived! | fromamummysheart

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s