Two months ago exactly today I started a blanket for Miss E. Well, I am pleased to say that 48 granny squares later I am over half way through joining it all together! Then I just need to trim it and it will be done. It took a lot longer than I expected as, being the first project of this nature, I underestimated the amount of yarn I needed and I either didn’t have the funds or the time to go and get any more and also Miss E was a bit grizzly with teeth so I didn’t get as many squares done per day as I had originally hope. So I probably had about 4 weeks in the middle where nothing was done on the blanket at all. The blanket has evolved somewhat since I first started it. At the beginning all the squares were going to be like the original post and then invert the colours for half of them as well. As I got near the end of my first 24 squares half starting with brown half starting with pink I mused over the idea of doing solid squares of blue, pink and green. I decided I’d start and see how it looked. I then decided I wanted all the squares to have a purple border, so I discovered how to join as you go and have been doing that to put the whole thing together. So this is how it’s looking to date.
It’s filled with mistakes and I’ve had to fix bits as I went along. It’s nowhere near perfect, but it’s being made with a lot of love for a special little girl and that’s all that matters to me. 🙂